I like this guy.
I've realized over the years that people need more than just encouragement to accomplish their dreams. They need tools, resources, funding, and support.
Therefore, because I discovered Michael online, you now get the secrets to building a successful blog, business, app, brand, or whatever your heart desires. These tools will allow you to build smarter. Oh, and most of them are FREE!
Click here for a complete list of the items he recommends – Micheal Hyatt’s Secrets
Below I have listed the current tools he recommends with my comments based on my personal use of them.
Again, these are the apps and sites I use each and every day to develop, distribute, and analyze progress in growing my business.
- Akismet (FREE) – love, love, love! My faith blog is placed on Wordpress, and this plugin keeps spam junk from entering my orbit.
- Buffer (FREE with paid features) – I am more of a Hootsuite kind-of girl. But both these apps allow you to manage schedule, post, and view multiple social media accounts effortlessly.
- Disqus – This tool allows me to manage and respond to comments on my blog. It is a great way to stay in touch with your growing following by responding to comments as they come in.
- Wordpress (FREE with paid features) – Manna from the heavens. A no excuse, no hassle, no stress way to start blogging or launch your personal website. I use Wordpress for a separate blog and love how they have a built-in community to like and share your content. It will give you the encouragement you need to keep going in the early stages.
- Google Analytics (FREE with paid features) – Remember, you are a growth hacker. Analytics are super important to understanding your audience and what they like. Analytics also helps you determine what your most popular content is, demographics, and how many hits you are getting to your site per day.
- Mailchimp (FREE with paid features) – I’ve used them since 2012 to distribute my monthly newsletter. A great tool to track newsletter open and click rates. You have the option to pre-schedule campaigns for optimal posting times and connect them to social media sites so that unsubscribed followers can still view the content as well. [shameless plug] Sign-up here for my, encouraging, rowdy and informative business newsletter.
- Scribe – Doing research on this tool as we speak! If it optimizes content for the web, sign me up.
As Ryan Holiday mentions in Growth Hacker Marketing, the fresh way to market and develop your “whatever” is to think like a growth hacker.
“A growth hacker is someone who has thrown out the playbook of traditional marketing and replaced it with only what is testable, trackable, and scalable. Their tools are e-mails, pay-per-click ads, blogs, and platforms APIs instead of commercials, publicity, and money….”
Keywords being testable, trackable, and scalable.
These tools will help you do just that!
What are some of your business challenges? What tools or resources would you like to know more about? What are you using today?